1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connected to WiFi network but no internet available

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jctracksuit, Oct 7, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. jctracksuit

jctracksuit Thread Starter

Hi,

I use a Lenovo laptop that runs windows 10. recently downloaded a VPN while abroad so that I could have access to UK content. After doing this my laptop could only connect to the internet if I was connected to the VPN, otherwise I could connect to my normal WiFi network but it would say there was no internet connection. I tried to change this and in doing so deleted the VPN application. Now I cannot connect to the internet at all despite being able to connect to the WiFi network. When I tried troubleshooting the problem it said it may be something to do with firewalls and privacy settings but I have tried reverting the firewall settings to default and disabling the firewall altogether and this doesn’t seem to solve the problem.

2. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Sounds like it was a Software VPN. What was the name of it?

3. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
  4. jctracksuit

jctracksuit Thread Starter

The name of the VPN is PrivateVPN.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice