Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'Connected' to wireless network, with no IP or Subnet mask address (screencaps incl.)

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
I am 'connected' to my wireless network but am unable to access the internet.

I have a Desktop Compaq Presario sr1920nx running Windows XP Home with service pack 3 and I have an Airlink101 AWLH3028 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter installed. This machine has worked on a wireless network before, and I have not made any recent hardware/software changes. All other devices connected to network function properly.

My 'network connection folder' is completely blank (pic attached), and running the 'network setup wizard' does absolutely nothing. I was only able to find a list of available connections by opening my wireless pci adapter folder. I am connected to the network I selected and have a really strong signal, but no access to the internet (pic attached). The modem is super far away from my desktop, and I am unable to move anything around in order to hardwire.

My LAN settings are set to 'auto detect', and there are no ticks in any of the 'Proxy' boxes.

I have recently ran Malwarebytes, and it was unable to find any issues.

I ran the command prompt "ipconfig /all" and found that I do not have an IP address or Subnet mask address. (pic attached) I have no idea how to fix that, please help!

Thank you all in advance for your time!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
(from a JohnWill post)

IP addresses of 0.0.0.0 are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
1. DHCP Service not running.
2. Duplicate IP address on the network.
3. Bad NIC card drivers.
4. Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
1. Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.
2. Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, reboot the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.
3. Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.
4. Replace the Network Interface Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.