connecting 2 computers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sueb_51

Hi there!! Both of my daughters have their own computers at home. We have dial-up isp. I was reading some of the threads here and was wondering what the hardware is called that would enable both of them to be online at the same time. Is this possible?? and if so is it expensive. thanx

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Sharing dial-up will be painfully slow. If you really must, an Ethernet card in each computer (assuming they don't already have Ethernet), and a crossover cable is what is required. The computer that has the dial-up connection will have to be configured with ICS, and it will also have to be on to allow the other computer to connect.

sueb_51

ok so how do i go about both of them being able to be online at the same time?? would internet through cable work??

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I believe DirecTV has internet service. Not sure about DISH.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online