Connecting 4 Monitors help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

morgan270

hi, i have an all in 1 HD pavilion, with connectivity of 2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, Ethernet, HDMI, USB Type-C. i have used a vga to usb adapter for the third, however the screen display is made smaller than the actual monitor. i want to connect a forth but using the third monitors adapter, it does the same to the 4th screen dropping res to 800 and detecting the screen and being incredibly small. how do i fix this issue with the adapter, stopping the screen being made smaller? is it that mine is faulty and i should 2 new ones (for the 3rd and 4th) or is there another solution?

I have tried searching for so long and would appreciate any ideas, thank you so much.

Hello morgan270,

i have an all in 1 HD pavilion,
Can you post the exact model name and number of the HP AIO so that we can check the specifications.

Things that can influence the resolution that you will be able to achieve on multiple screens;

1: How much VRAM (video memory) your computers video card or chip has.
2: The type of intended use, spreadsheets and internet browsing use far less resources than gaming.
3: The size of the additional screens themselves.
4: The maximum resolution that any adaptor is capable of producing.

In addition to the four points above, AIO computers use the same type of power supply as a notebook computer and are not capable of supporting power hungry devices such as video cards capable of playing demanding games, dedicated video cards are best for multiple screens and unfortunately AIO computers are not designed to accommodate such cards or their power supplies capable of supporting one.

morgan270

i trade stocks, so i would like the extra screens for more charts and scanners. the screens are 24 and 19.5. I do not know how to tell the max res that any adapter is capable of producing. the second screen is connected with a vga to hdmi and works fine.

Attachments

Your screenshot unfortunately does not tell us all that we need to know, manually type the HP model name or number into your reply for us if you will, we are looking to see if your HP AIO has a dedicated video chip or only the Intel HD 530 graphics provided by your i7 6700T processor.

Edit to add Intel CPU information.

From research it would appear that your processor can only support three displays, see specs here you will note that Intel offer no resolution information for VGA ports.

Last edited:
Specs I get with the above info suggest you may have an Nvidea video chip, see here

Windows 10 forum tutorial here using an Nvidea device shows how to set the resolution on each screen

Three links that I found using the PRODUCT NUMBER. W2T83AA#ABG info say that the computer has an NVIDIA® GeForce® 930MX discreet graphics device, can you check this in Device Manager.

Is the problem potentially the vga to usb adapter quality?
Quite possibly, did you get a driver disk with any of the devices, have you got a link to the devices that you are using so that we can check the specs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online