Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

connecting a comcast modem to a orange(France) router

680 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  cwwozniak 
#1 ·
Hi so at my job it is a small company they deal with operating with a french LAN and network that is configured through a Comcast modem or router, for some reason we had a blackout in our office and on Monday, we no longer had connection to our french network that runs through our Comcast network, i have tried logging into the modem and adding back the reserved IP for the orange router but no such luck. If any has any way to solve this problem I would gladly appreciate it.

#2 ·
Hello rsnkhelp, and welcome to TSG.

The only information I am finding for "orange(France) router" is for an Orange Livebox which is an ADSL modem / wireless router available to customers of Orange Broadband services in France. An ADSL Internet connection is through telephone lines. Comcast uses a high-speed coaxial cable connection for Internet access. You would normally only use one such device for an Internet connection, not both.

Please tell us the exact brands and model numbers of the network hardware involved and exactly how they are connected to each other.

#3 ·
Sure, the orange livebox is connected in the main rooms but for us to connect them into the computers we use french service phones as well called alcatel-lucent, and the american network we use is through comcast CBR-T modem and it connects two netgar switches model JGS524 and FSM726 so the american wifi can connect via LAN and the orange netowork is through two switches i think one that has the orange labeled on it is called a 4300 series with the orange labeled as DPCA132 or PDCA132 and the other connected to the french network is a cisco catalyst 2960-s series P0E+ (I think my handwriting isnt so good)

#4 ·
This may be a case where a picture may be worth more than a thousand words. It sounds like you may have two internet connections and two LANs at your location. One (Orange) is for a VoIP telephone system connection for outside calls and the other (Comcast) is for computer connections to the Internet. It also sounds like they connect to each other in some manner. Beyond that, I cannot picture in my mind how everything is interconnected.

Unless somebody here can figure out how everything is interconnected from your description, you may need to provide us with a sketch or drawing of the hardware and how it is connected. Every device would need to be labeled with the manufacturer and exact model number. Every connection would need to identify the device's port number or port name on each end of the cable.

The only CBR-T reference I could find was a general "Comcast Business Router" mention, but no specific manufacturer like Aris or manufacturer's model number.

I could not find any kind of information on DPCA132 or PDCA132 networking hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.