1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

connecting a DVD Rom digital signal to a Dolby Digital Amplifier

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bouka, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bouka

bouka Thread Starter

I have a Pioneer 106s DVD ROM which has a digital 2 pin output.

I just bought a Sony STRDE 675 dolby digital amplifier which has a coaxial digital in input.

My sound card, a soundblaster Live CT 4830 does have a digital out connector on the external part (next to the line in input), but does not have a 2 pin connector on the card itself where the DVD could be connected (there is the place with SPDIF marked but for some reason there is no 2 pins connector)

I do not want to buy a 5.1 soundcard if I can connect my DVD ROM to the amplifier without using the soundcard, Is this possible! Is the DVD rom digital out SPDIF recognised by the amplifier?

Should I create on the soundcard (which does have the digital output on the ecternal panel) an internal connection for the 2 pins? will this work?

Does anyone have a clue? HELP!!
    many thanks

2. brianF

brianF

Modifying it isn't going to work in my mind.
    Just adding pin connections don't mean the hardware and software is included with the card.

3. Monk_

Monk_

I believe SoundBlaster makes a converter/adapter for that card to connect your digital ouput to an amp using the digital out on the card. Check here for details:

http://www.soundblaster.com/manuals/

4. bouka

bouka Thread Starter

I found the way to do it!!

Hey you owners of the ct4830 soundblaster, you do not need to buy a 5.1 soundcard in order to have the digital output put on a dolby digital decoder amplifier !!

You just plug the DVD digital out 2 pin in the pins 15-16 of the large series of pins on the soundcard,
    and you plug your amplifiers digital in in pins 17-18!!

It works perfectly,

email me at [email protected] if anyone needs help!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63754

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice