1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

connecting a hi-fi to my PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by c.sinclair, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c.sinclair

    c.sinclair Thread Starter

    Dec 24, 2001
    I have attempted to connect the two with a lead between the two phono sockets and the socket on my sound card (using the socket previously used successfully with my PC speakers), but the sound from my speakers is terribly distorted. Please could somebody help?
  2. Paul Nagel

    Paul Nagel

    Sep 19, 1999
    If the sound card is putting out too much power, such as to run unpowered speakers, it is most likely overloading the input of the amplifier. If that is the case, you will need to find out how to switch the output to the low power setting used for amplified speakers. On sound cards like Creative Sound Blaster 16 and other, there is a jumper on the card itself that can be changed to do the power change.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62805

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice