1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting a Second Monitor laptop HP Spectre x360 15-ch001n

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bluenite, Apr 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bluenite

bluenite Thread Starter

First Name:
    Peter
    I have a HDMI or USB-C port on the new HP laptop. Need to connect the NEC MultiSync2690WUXi monitor, which has no HDMI port but 2DVI ports: https://www.nec-display.com/ap/en_display/old/lcd2690/index.html

I tried more cable options: DVI->HDMI, DVI->USB-C, or analog VGA->USB-C. FHD resolution works only with VGA, but that is image of poor quality. DVI can only handle 1280x780, which on a 26"display against 15" 4Kdisplay HP laptop is unacceptable. Windows10 in the monitor settings sees as GeneralPNP display and does not have a higher resolution. Graphics is AMD Radeon RX Vega M 870/4GB.

What to do with it to get it right? Or is it worth returning a laptop and choosing another brand? I don't want to buy a new monitor right now, this one has great color and picture.

thanks for advice

Peter

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I am not sure this is correct
    DVI can only handle 1280x780
    https://www.avadirect.com/blog/displayport-vs-hdmi-vs-dvi-vs-vga/

but whether it is or not, is largely irrelevant
    As I am sure you will find out, if you get a response on the HP topic which I thin you have started, there is no way you will get 4K on that monitor
    I appreciate the monitor was good - in its day, but the cold hard facts are - it will not be suitable to connect to the laptop to provide what you want.

3. bluenite

bluenite Thread Starter

First Name:
    Peter
    I suppose, that 4K on that monitor it is impossible, only the maximum - FHD...

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226070

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice