1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting a Windows PC with a Mac

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Smoolean, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smoolean

Smoolean Thread Starter

I currently have a Windows 98 computer sharing an internet connection with a Mac, with OS X. I have been able to get them to play computer games together (using UDP, not really sure what that is). I have them hooked up to one modem, the PC using the USB, the Mac using the Ethernet. I know that they are able to both use it at the same time, because they were sending data back and forthing during the computer game. They do however, share the same I.P. address. I was wondering though, if they are able to play the game together, shouldn't they be able to send files back and forth? How would I go about transferring files from one to the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Smoolean.

2. squidboy

squidboy

If they are actually using the same IP address (which I highly doubt) you'll be in for some trouble. It may work for a bit, but will cause trouble.

You do understand that Mac's and PC's use a different file format and cannot tranfer data without some translation, correct? I'm not sure why you're asking as this is quite unusual and requires more work than the result is worth.

3. Smoolean

Smoolean Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice