Connecting Blu Ray to LAN

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shaygate

I have my wireless router in my upstairs office and have good network coverage around the house. However I have just bought a Blu Ray DVD player for my front room, as you may know one of things you can do with some players is connect to the internet to update your firmware, get additional content while viewing disks etc.

The player has a standard network port and I am looking at how I can connect to my home network. The obvious answer is to run a cable from the router to the player but that would mean running the cable along skirting boards, under carpets etc. which would be unsightly and a bit of a major task. Can you think of anyway I can connect wirelessly or I can put a wireless enabled PC close by if there was a way I could connect through that. Any suggestions ?

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
wireless/ethernet bridge

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124338

ETA: Be very careful about doing firmware updates over wireless. Even though wireless has gotten better over the years, you can still run into connection consistency problems. If your wireless connection hiccups in a middle of a firmware update, you run a strong chance of bricking your player.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online