1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting compaq presario R3240us to TV screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by babymeena, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babymeena

babymeena Thread Starter

Hi, guys. I want to connect my laptop to my TV screen to watch movies downloaded. I know it has a port to connect to TV and when I plugged it in to TV, it didn't do anything. None of the channels or changing to TV/VIDEO, input1, input2 worked. Do I need some type of a driver? I'm running XP home ed. Please help! Thanks in advance.

2. babymeena

babymeena Thread Starter

Anyone??? :(

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Although I found nothing useful on Compaq's Website I did find out that it should have a S-Video output. Fot the TV setting you will need to find the correct channel for the input - just cycle thru them.

The thing that needs to be setup on the laptop is the TV out settings - and varies with the card and driver version but I'll try to point you in the right direction. Go to Control Panel -> Display -> and click on the Settings tab. You might see two monitors, if you do you can click the the second on an see if you can enable it - might be thru a right click option. You can also go and click on Advanced at the bottom of the Settings tab and get more features. You should have different options for the output such as TV/Monitor/LCD and type of output such as Clone or Extended Desktop. It might also be beneficial to connect and turn on the TV before turning on the laptop.

I've seen this online chat with a tech feature on Cpmpaq's website - maybe they can walk you thru it?
    http://ipgweb.cce.hp.com/bus-nacons/caller/chat_pilot.asp

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice