Connecting Dell Inspiron 6000 to TV

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

viciousvix7

Hey techguys,

I've hooked up my laptop to my TV and the picture's working fine, except it's in black and white... Any ideas why?

Cheers

bonk

Banned
How diid you hook it up with S-Video?

Try a different channel on the TV.

viciousvix7

It's connected to the TV with a scart converter (phonos and SVHS inputs to SCART).

viciousvix7

Yep, it's connected into the AV2 socket and that's the only one I get the picture on

Im having EXACTLY the same problem...just dont know what to do - I bought this sort of cable -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2m-SVideo-3-5...ryZ32837QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just dont know what to do, if there is something i need to configure? Someone said you need to set something for svideo output but i cant find this on the control panel. Please let me know if you get it sorted! The TV is a sony bravia, so it should all be up to date stuff im using?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!