Connecting from IEEE 1394 to a hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tylerroche

I have decided to make a linux server (Debian to be specific) and I am wondering if there is any way to connect a hard drive to the computer. The computer has usb 1 ports which I would like to avoid using and also a IEEE 1394 port at the front. I was wondering is there is a way to connect an external hard drive to it from the IEEE 1394 port. Any help is much appreciated. If there is no way of connecting to a usb hard drive, is you know any IEEE 1394 hard drives, that would also be appreciated. The laptop that is being used is an old IPC by the way.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online