1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting Gateway Notebook Model MD2614U to my Toshiba 46" TV Model 46XV645U

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bigbopper123, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigbopper123

bigbopper123 Thread Starter

When I connect my Gateway Laptop to my Toshiba TV through the HDMI ports I get no sound or picture. I changed the input port to the HDMI port on the TV. I think it is in the settings of my computer where I need to make a change but I can't find out where. Help!!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72, AMD64 Family 17 Model 3 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2813 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 114115 MB, Free - 4090 MB; D: Total - 114116 MB, Free - 111336 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway,
    Antivirus: CyberDefender Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. pip22

pip22

Go into display properties in Windows and check that it's aware of a second monitor being hooked up.
    If it is, configure it as the primary display device (1), with the laptop being the secondary display device (2).

3. bigbopper123

Thanks for the help. Just clicking on the 2 allowed my computer to "see" the second monitor. is there anything else I need to do? Rick

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Just basic configuration is all that needs to be done. Which it sounds like you have it working. Simply set the resolution to match the TV's native resolution.

5. bigbopper123

I can't get my changes in my display settings to stay. When I hit apply it asks me if I want to save the changes and when I say yes they are not saved. Probably something simple but I can't see it. More help please!!

6. bigbopper123

I can't get my changes in my display settings to stay. When I hit apply it asks me if I want to save the changes and when I say yes they are not saved. Probably something simple but I can't see it. More help please! I don't see how to change the primary to secondary and the other way around.

7. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Update/reinstall the video drivers.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1049874

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice