1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

connecting hard drive to router need help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robjiii, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robjiii

robjiii Thread Starter

ok i have a Asus RT-N16 and a 500gb HD in a startech.com (info safe) case connected via USB to the router and cant see it. what am i doing wrong?

what i have done while connected to laptop
    formated drive
    dropped the partions
    checked for errors
    updated drivers.
    i can see it while its connected to laptop

while pluged into router
    nothing, it does not show up.

please help. i have maxed out the hard drive on the laptop and i wam wanting to move all of my media to the "network" hard drive to free up space on the laptop.

2. prunejuice

prunejuice

Is the USB hard drive enclosure powered by it's own AC adapter?

3. robjiii

robjiii Thread Starter

well i guess i should have added that to makes it easy for everyone. but i just fixed it. my network was set to public and not private.

4. robjiii

robjiii Thread Starter

ok i am going to bump this back up.

here what has been done since last post.

started transfering files over through the network but found it was too slow for me so i drected connected the harddrive moved files.

i have now pluged it in to the router again and dont see it.

fyi i posted this AM that i removed the partion but i was wrong so i did that before i moved the files.

what can i do now?

oh and the harddrive has a its own power and connected to router through USB

thanks for the help

Edit
    never mind i think its slow showing up in the "network folder" i can see it now. Sorry everyone.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025551

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice