1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting laptop to TV - No sound

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by TIM85W, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TIM85W

TIM85W Thread Starter

Hi,

I am trying to connect my Gateway NV54 to my Samsung Series 6 32 inch LCD TV. I first used a HDMI cable which gave me visual but not audio. So I purchased 3.5mm mini stereo male to two rca male speaker cable. They are both running from by laptop to the input on my TV (HDMI 2, as advised in samsung instructions). I still don't have sound. I have gone into my sound settings in my ciomputer and selected SPDIF interface as the default playback device but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

2. lottiegolf

lottiegolf

Hi
    Sorry I cant help you as I have the same problem Hp Laptop to Panasonic Tv both HMDI ports Great picture but no sound. Went down to the Tech Guy at PC world who said I needed the sound cable and it would work. Needless to say it didnt, still no sound. I am going back to the shop again and have words. If I have any success I will let you know.
    Cheers

3. lottiegolf

lottiegolf

TIM85W
    Hi, I solved the problem of no sound. You have to configure the sound on your laptop so - control panel - sound - speakers - speakers properties - general - device usage - use this device (enable)
    Then advanced - my settings used is 24bit 48000 Hz (studio Quality) - test - test sound should come from your TV - apply . Connect your HDMI cable select the appropriate HDMI socket on the Tv menu log into your program and it should work. It does for me.
    Fingers crossed cheers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/950004