1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

connecting Linksys wireless access point to VPN router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by regular dude, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. regular dude

regular dude Thread Starter

first, some quick background:
    My cable modem is connected with a Linksys 4-port router with VPN. My wife's work demanded this for when she works at home with her company's laptop. This set-up is upstairs. I want to get a wireless set-up going for my laptop computer (it is downstairs). I tried hooking up a Linksys 4-port wireless-g router to it, but between me and Linksys email tech support, we could not get it done. Taking the VPN router off and just using the wireless router worked fine, but then my wife cannot work from home.
    Here is what I want to do:
    connect a the Linksys 4-port wireless access point to the VPN router. I figure this is the best shot I have of getting wireless to work for me while my wife has her required VPN router going also.
    Here is the question:
    before I go buy the access point, I would like to know if there are any issues with getting the access point to work with the VPN router. Is this an easy task? If so, are there any special steps to take in doing this?

Thank you for your help.

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

don't know if this will help as i'm not using a vpn.

i run the wap from the hardwired linksys router to the lap top.

which linksys router?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/390435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice