connecting my Laptop to my TV using HDMI

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

torresmarc88

Ive used various methods that I found online to connect my laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable but I dont know if im not doing it correctly. I really just need someone to talk me though it step by step

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi, and welcome to TSG.

It might help us to help you if you told us the the brands and model numbers of both the laptop an TV. Also, what kinds of problems do you have that might make you think you are not doing the connections correctly?

It should be a matter of ...

1) Connecting one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI output of the laptop.

2) Connecting the other end of the HDMI cable to an HDMI input on the the TV.

3) Using the TV's controls and on-screen menus select the HDMI input you just used for the the cable.

4) If you don't get the computer showing anything on the screen, check if you need to activate the HDMI output on the laptop, perhaps by a function button with a symbol that looks like a monitor screen.

5) Depending on the laptop computer, you may have an option to adjust its video output settings to duplicate what is showing on the laptop's screen or to extend the Windows desktop to the second screen.

6) You may need to adjust the laptop's sound controller settings if computer audio doesn't come out of the TV.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online