1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

connecting pc to extension cords.

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by datt, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datt

datt Thread Starter

Just a head up based on my recent experience. I removed the in-situ extension cord powering my PC, and connected my PC to a new, short, surge protected extension cord, and immediately various difficulties began. The major problem was the loss of sound on you tube. By replacing the new cord with the old extension i now have the sound back, and i hope all difficulties solved. I will shortly move the PC to plug directly into the circuit/mains with no intermediate extension cords.

Perhaps this is old hat to you people, but, for what it's worth, and grateful for past help on this forum, i thought that i'd post my novice experience.

2. pip22

pip22

Well that's a new problem I've never come across before, and a Google search doesn't bring anything up about that.
    I've been using surge-protection for my PCs for years and haven't lost sound on youtube or any other problems for that matter.
    In fact, what persuaded me to buy my first surge-protected socket block was when an electrical storm toasted my computer's
    network card.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

As mentioned before, this thread does not belong in this forum. Since you chose to repost it, a vacation seems appropriate for you.

Moving to "Tips".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice