1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting PC to TV??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sodsto, Nov 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sodsto

sodsto Thread Starter

I have a spare Pentium 200 sitting in my room, and i was wondering if it were possible to hook it up to a normal TV, by SCART perhaps?? Another monitor is kind of out of the question, partly because of space and also because of cash (hey, im a student).

Im not sure it is possible, but it would be nice if it were. My gfx card doesnt have a TV out, just the normal 15-pin (or wotever) monitor cable - its an S3 Trio64, if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
    Stween.

2. Dan O

Dan O

You need a RFI adapter, they are about $15 from Best Buy. But the resolution would be pretty bad. You may be better off getting a used monitor. I have seen old 14 inch monitors and old 486 PC systems with a monitor for free or for very little money.

3. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

You found an adapter for $15 that allows you to connect a standard computer video card to a television? Where did you see this for sale? Are you sure you're not thinking of the adapter used to connect a game console to a TV?

4. Monk_

Monk_

5. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

Thanks for the info, Monk_. Those prices are more in line with the type of adapter I thought Stween would need.

6. Dan O

Dan O

Max19,

As I suggested Best Buy, they were dumping lots of older adapters for cheap. It was a PC to TV RFI adapter. They even had PlayStation 2 adapters for cheap. I am not sure if every stores is doing so, I live in Washington D.C..

7. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

You're right, Dan O, I see the store name in your post.

Those adapters don't connect to computer video cards, however. Those are adapters for game consoles. It simply doesn't make sense that a store would be selling a $200 adapter for $15. They're two different things.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58909

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice