Connecting PC to VCR

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kiwibird

Is it possible to connect my PC to my VCR and copy a movie onto a VCR tape. I have taken a home movie on my DV camera and want to copy it onto a VHS tape. Usually I would do this through my DV camera but it is away being serviced and will not be back for several weeks. I have edited the movie in Video wave and it is ready to transfer.
If this can be done can anyone please explain to me what I need to do. I am running WindowsXP home edition.
Many thanks.:)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you have a video card with TV-Out capability, it's possible. If you don't have that capability, it's not, at least without spending a bunch of money on a VGA <-> TV converter.

kiwibird

Thanks for your reply. I know this is a dumb question but how do I know if I have this connection, what should I look for.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online