Connecting PDA to the Internet through another machine

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lordfkiller

Hello.

I have an XP machine which is connected to the Internet through a router. A PDA is connected to the XP machine directly(without an AP). Although I have enabled Internet sharing on the adapter connected to the router(on XP machine), but the PDA can't load any pages. What's wrong with my work?

XP Machine: TOSHIBA Satellite Notebook PC, Windows XP Home Edition
Mobile Device(PDA): i-mate K-JAM, Windows Mobile 5
Router: D-Link ADSL 2+ Router, XP machine connected to the router by means of a Category 5 cable.

Thanks for any help!

cant you just use active sync? It should allow you to browse if you are connected VIA active sync.

lordfkiller

It does allow me to browse, but when it recognizes the phone. And as far as I know, ActiveSync does not support Wi-Fi. Does it? My version is 4.0.
It only shows the phone when I connect it using USB cable, and I can browse the Web in that case.

Okay, now I see. So you have an Ad-Hoc connection to the computer and are using ICS to gain access to the internet. Well, to be totaly honest with you I have never used ICS(Successfully) I usally get agrivated with it and by a switch! Sorry.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Internet Connection Sharing is difficult enough to set up with computers. I've not seen anyone set it up with a PDA. It may not even be supported.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online