1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting PS4 to Spotify using a proxy server

Discussion in 'Networking' started by gentrix96, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentrix96

gentrix96 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Komar
    Hi everyone. I live in Iran where access to sites like Youtube and Spotify are forbidden. So I have to use things like VPNs and proxy servers and all those stuff in order to be able to access those sites. but since Playstation 4 doesn't have the VPN option, I'm only left with only one option. proxy server!
    So I ordered a VPS located in USA and installed ubuntu 16.04 on it. I also installed "squid proxy server" software. I'm actually not that familiar with the config file and don't know where and what exactly is causing the problem. The problem is whenever I open Spotify or Youtube app from my ps4, it will not connect even though I am connected to my proxy server. So I guess there must be a problem with the proxy server ITSELF, connecting to the spotify IPs. from an article on spotify community, they have mentioned that spotify requires the clients (my proxy server in my case) to allow connections from 78.31.8.0/21 and 193.182.8.0/21 on port 4070.
    https://community.spotify.com/t5/De...ll-Settings-amp-IP-Address-Range/td-p/1090179
    So my question is: What is the correct way of adding these settings to my squid.conf file?

2. valis

valis Moderator

Howdy and welcome. May want to re-read the rules page, as we do not support bypassing country restrictions. As a result, I'm closing this out.

thanks,

v

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1198380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice