Connecting to a wireless connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blakearm

Hi all,

I've just arrived at a new apartment in France and can't connect to the wireless network.

I have a HP Pavillion xe4500 laptop running with windows XP Pro. The router is a NEUF NB4-SER-r0.

When I type in the passcode, it says:

"The network password needs to be 40bits or 104bits depending on your network configuration. This can be entered as 5 or 13 ascii characters or 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters."

The "correct" password that I was given is 20 characters. I currently trying to connect via WEP. I wonder if perhaps it has something to do with a compatability issue between american and french keyboards.

Thanks for any and all help!

TerryNet

Terry
20 characters doesn't sound like WEP on any keyboard. Better ask again what encryption is being used.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online