Connecting to an Access Point...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SatDoug

Hi All:
I live in a condo, and am able to 'see' about 4 different wireless networks. All but one have WEP turned on. The last network, called 'linksys' does not have WEP turned on. For the last 3 weeks, I have been able to access the internet as a 'guest' of the linksys router on my Windows 2k laptop.
Beginning last Friday, I can no longer access the net...I still 'see' linksys, and there is no WEP turned on, but after running some tests, I get the following message: associated access point: no name specified; access point IP address 0.0.0.0.
So, am I stuck because linksys is now set up for no 'freeloaders'? Is there a way around this, or some software that will sniff out the info I need in order to access the net?
Any & all help is appreciated!

TerryNet

Terry
Copied from the rules for this site: "As you might expect, we don't want anything illegal going on here. Users cannot post hacks, cracks, pirated software, or anything of the like. Furthermore, we do not allow instructions on how to complete illegal activities, such as pirating. Please don't ask for advise on using illegal software, as it will be removed."

To access the internet, contact an Internet Service Provider in your area.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
See above explanation, the thread is closed. Please don't ask about illegal activities here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online