1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting to ATT DSL using 2 wire router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by muckmail, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. muckmail

muckmail Thread Starter

I am connecting a second computer to a 2-wire 2701HG-B router. On the computer
    I get hardware not found when I use newtwork wizzard. What is the proceedure
    to make connection to ATT dsl starting from scratch.
    thank you,

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I have a 2wire wireless router/modem. It has been quite a while since I set it up.

Are you able to connect one of the systems and not the other one OR are you unable to connect any system?

3. muckmail

muckmail Thread Starter

I am able to connect one of the systems and but not the other one. That is with the first system
    not connected.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, you are not starting from scratch since the user name and pw have already been input into the 2wire modem. All you need to do is install a nic card on the system you want to connect. Now run the rj45 cable to the modem.

If you are connecting using wireless, install the wireless nic. You need to run whatever config app comes with the wireless card. It will "find" the network [probably a few in your neighborhood] Select your network and it will ask for the key. The key is on the bottom of the 2wire modem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/664154