Connecting to C$

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nethervue

Hi,
If someone connects to my C: from another PC, does that get logged in my Event Viewer?

Thanks!

Nethervue

Gibbs said:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&sd=tech
Security log

The security log records events such as valid and invalid logon attempts, as well as events related to resource use, such as the creating, opening, or deleting of files. For example, when logon auditing is enabled, an event is recorded in the security log each time a user attempts to log on to the computer. You must be logged on as Administrator or as a member of the Administrators group in order to turn on, use, and specify which events are recorded in the security log.
That explains how the eventviewer works, I have handle on that already. I was wondering if this specific action gets logged. Was that in that document and I just missed it?

Windows default settings do not log any logon attempts to the PC, that is unless "Logon Auditing" is enabled as the article indicated.

Nethervue

I have Logon Auditing turned on, audits fine if someone actually tries to logon to my PC but nothing shows up if they connect to C$ from Start-Run.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online