1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting to internet oddly

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Gnawbie, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gnawbie

Gnawbie Thread Starter

ok here's an odd one for you guys, and ill explain why im trying to do this after. Im trying to connect to the internet through a macbook pro to my pc; And can't quite get it to work, obviously. If you guys know of some way to do it, this would be great. My PC is is a self built with windows xp home installed on it.

Now for why I'm doing it this way. My roommate is being an @ss, and won't let me connect an ethernet cord to the router, but is allowing me to stay on the wireless, either because he forgot I could or doesnt care. Either way I need to get online via my pc, and cannot get a wireless card til monday when my school loan check hits my mailbox.

Again If you guys could help out I'd Love it, if not I guess im SOL.

Thanx
    Gnawbie

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Bridge the connections in the PC, and leave the MAC settings at their defaults. Just select the two network connections by holding Ctrl and clicking them, right click on them and select Bridge.

3. Gnawbie

Gnawbie Thread Starter

The bridge states its working, but internet does not, repairing comes up with couldnt renew ip address, any ideas?

4. lawson_jl

lawson_jl

Tell your roomate to **** off and just plug into the router. Unless it's his internet then you just need to get your own.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice