Connecting to Internet RH9

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Muze

I just recenlty installed Redhat9 and now i need to know to connnect to the internet. I'm using dial-up. Remember i'm a newbie so put thing simply.

What kind of modem are you using?
External serial or internal hardware modems are your best bet,though more and more winmodems are working in Linux nowadays.
To connect to the internet you might want to read Redhat's guide on the subject.
HTH
lynch

Muze

Well you see i've done the internet configuration wizard and it has allowed me to activate my connection but i'm not sure how to get it to dial-up so it will connect me to my isp. This question probably sounds dumb but how do i get linux to dial-up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online