1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting to Kodak EasyShare Camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by MWE, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MWE

MWE Thread Starter

I have a Kodak EasyShare C360 camera. When I first started using this camera, all I had to do was plug it into the computer, the Camera Wizard would start up and if I cancelled out of it, the opsys assigned a drive letter and I could interact with the camera as though it were a hard drive.

That no longer happens. The device appears in the list of devices but it no longer has a drive letter. I can work with it as a device, but would prefer the drive letter method.

How can I get back to the drive letter approach?

2. Hughv

Hughv

3. wilson44512

wilson44512

i think he's saying the camera not the program. but i could be wrong. more help could be found if they new your pc specs an operating system.

4. mrss

mrss Guest

Try looking in Disk Management to see if the camera appears there. If it does, maybe you can assign a letter to it. I have done this in the past when I had about six or drives (including card readers) attached and XP quit assigning letters for some reason.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309000

Pertinent info
    1. Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    2. Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
    3. In the console tree, click Disk Management. The Disk Management window appears.

Left click on the "Disk Management" line on the tree in the left panel and devices appear in the right.

Right clicking on a device gives you option to change letter.

5. MWE

MWE Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. The issue is the connection between the camera and the computer, not the photo software.

I have tried lots of photo management tools including EasyShare. It is easy to use, but does not do very much and has very limited functionality. I tried Picasa but was not impressed. At present, I am using Adobe LightRoom. It is pretty expensive ($300) but has some very nice features.

6. MWE

MWE Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion. I use Disk Management quite a lot (have lots of partitions on my main computer's RAID array and do a lot of cross network stuff so many letters are actually drives on other computers or servers) and that was the first place I tried. The camera appears in the device list of file manager programs (like Windows Explorer), but does not appear in any of the device management tools within the Computer Management cascade of tools.

7. Hughv

Hughv

Actually, my thought was that Easy share was the cause of the connection problem.
    I've uninstalled this program many times for similar problems.

I use Photoshop for editing and Picasa for organizing, and I'm not sure what advantage Light Room has as I've never used it.

8. PopPicker

PopPicker

Thanks for the reply. The issue is the connection between the camera and the computer, not the photo software.

I wouldn't be too sure, Kodak EasyShare software is responsible for most problems

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/676707