Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

connecting to my own wifi help

883 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  FoldedBrick 
#1 ·
ok so i have a fairly new laptop. its a samsung R522 running windows seven. my problem is that my own wifi doesnt come up as possible connections. we have 2 other computers at my house and they can both connect wirelessly and they are Macs. but i dont know if that has any thing to do with it. even my brothers ipod touch can connect to our wifi. thats basicly all i know about this.

#2 ·
Hi FoldedBrick, and welcome to TSG.

thats basicly all i know about this.
Well, you or somebody else at your house is going to have to supply a bit more information about the WiFi set-up being used.

1) Name and brand of the wireless router or wireless access point being used to share the Internet connection.

2) The SSID of the wireless router or wireless access point and if it is set to broadcast the SSID.

3) What, if any kind of wireless encryption is being used and the key or pass phrase for that encryption. You do not need to tell us the actual key or pass phrase.

4) If the wireless router or wireless access is using any kind of MAC filtering to limit which computers and other hardware can connect to the wireless router or wireless access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.