Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Connecting to the internet threw wifi

768 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
I am using a D-link DSL-G604T wireless ADSL2+ modem/router for my internet connection, and just a cheap network adapter i bought from ebay. I have installed the network adapter and it is detecting a connection with the router, the only problem i have is that i cant figure out how to connect to the internet.
Before i got the network adapter and the router/modem, i was using a D-link DSL-502T to connect to the internet which worked fine.
My question is; how do i connect to the net threw my wireless router/modem?

Also, one other question, when i try connectiong threw ethernet my comp locks up and i have to switch it of at the switch, this happens every time i plug the ethernet lead in, anyone know why?

#2 ·
Most modem/router combos work out of the box. I would recommend resetting the device (check with the manual to see how/google) and starting over. It if is locking up your computer it could be a number of things; probably an issue with your computer. Also, can you get it to work with any other computers?

#3 ·
Since you're using an ADSL connection, have you configured the WAN section for your name and password, as well as the correct protocol? The defaults may not be proper for your ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.