1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting to the Internet

Discussion in 'Windows Mobile Devices' started by Giant Octopus, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Giant Octopus

Giant Octopus Thread Starter

Hi. I'm very backwards when it comes to simple technology (to put it in perspective I only switched to DSL from dial-up a few months ago!!!!!).

To make it simple. How do I connect my Windows 7 Phone to the Internet? I just purchased a phone but how can I actually connect to the Internet with it so I can download games from Xboxlive?

I have a DSL modem from Aol that I use to connect to the Internet.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Did you subscribe to a data plan?

I'm sure it also supports Wi-Fi access.

3. Giant Octopus

Giant Octopus Thread Starter

No I didn't suscribe to a data plan. I just want to go online and download a game from Xboxlive. Is there a way I can connect my phone to the back of my computer and go online with it while I'm online with my PC? The phone came with a data cable.
    Is there a way that I can hook that into a port in the back of my PC and then access Xboxlive's website while I'm on the net with my PC?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I do not know, but I doubt it. Is there not some kind of user manual (maybe on the manufacturer's web site)?

5. simsboy27

simsboy27

As far as I know this isn't possible. What you could try to do is go to a WiFi Hotspot somewhere and connect your phone via WiFi there and download whatever you need to.

For example, most McDonald's Restaurants have WiFi Hotspots. McDonald's WiFi Locator

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice