connecting to totalservice.usr.com message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robertdwhite

I am working on a friends computer it is running winxp home. She had let her av expire and I have been cleaning the machine. This however is new to me. One of the viruses seems to have disable the task manger so I can't look at that yet. The subject message comes up on the screen in a dialogue block and cant be closed. I think it is associated with the modem. Any insight you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

robertdwhite

I downloaded from Microsoft the fix for the task manager. I will do that shortly thanks for this alternate. It is really the connecting to window that I am trying to figure out how to get rid of. Any ideas about that?

robertdwhite

Finally got all the virus of the machine and it seems to have solved both problems. Apparently something in one of the many viruses on the computer was stopping both task manager and also the initiation of some process in the modem. Anyway all seems normal after removal of several hundred virus and spyware instances.
Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online