1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting to tv with HD15 -HD15 cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nasus, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nasus

nasus Thread Starter

The cable fits the Sony, LCD TV, and my Compaq Presario V6000 laptop. My operating system is Windows XP, the computer is not quite two years old. The audio connection works from the pc to the tv, but the video connection only says "no signal" on the television. I have tried all the external input settings. This should be video 6.

On my pc, I have checked the "display" and cannot seems to add the tv as a option for number two.

Now, I am "stuck" and would appreciate any help.

Thank you!

2. cybersloth

cybersloth

laptops have function keys, this is usaly blue, there is a Fn key, hold this down and tap the one that has a picture of a monitor or says LCD/CRT, just wait a moment after you do each press of the key.

Also try booting the laptop after you connect the TV, yes this dose make a diferance.

Thanks for using TSG

3. nasus

nasus Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your valuable information that, once completed, allows us to watch dvd's on our television screen. So many times I have said "I have to figure out these fn keys", and I never had. I thought it must be some sort of setting as it didn't take a "rocket scientist" to either attach the cables or to change the control panel settings.

Your advice was perfect....no more watching full length movies while sitting on uncomfortable chairs in front of a laptop. We appreciate your taking the time to answer our question and, thereby, solve our problem!

4. cybersloth

cybersloth

Thanks for your apreciation

Glad to be of help

cybersloth

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/909114