connecting tv to laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scudvel

hi, how do i connect a philips tv to a hp compaq nx 7300 laptop, the tv users manual says that pc connection is only available via HDMI and my laptop has a VGA 15 pin connection

ooh, you'll need a little converter. see ebay, should cost you less than $5, just a little block that converts 15 pin to HDMI connection. Then a cable that takes you from the large connection to the plug on your TV.

You'll need a separate connection for audio, or external speakers. Unless the comapq's are LOUD!

cwwozniak

Chuck
ooh, you'll need a little converter. see ebay, should cost you less than $5, just a little block that converts 15 pin to HDMI connection.
I believe that a VGA jack outputs only analog video signals and HDMI only supports serial digital signals. Unless the size and price has shrunk considerably for the electronics to do this it will take something larger than a little adapter block and costing more than $5 to convert a VGA signals into HDMI signals

I believe that a VGA jack outputs only analog video signals and HDMI only supports serial digital signals. Unless the size and price has shrunk considerably for the electronics to do this it will take something larger than a little adapter block and costing more than $5 to convert a VGA signals into HDMI signals
Absolutely! There are plenty of wonder gadgets out there "converting" VGA to HDMI but usually they only make the plug ends meet. You need to convert the VGA into something the TV recognizes on its HDMI input. It still won't be HDMI going into the TV but the TV can be fooled. For that you need a "signal" converter and they don't come that cheap.
WATCH WHAT YOU'RE BUYING AND GET THE OPTION TO RETUN IT IF IT DOESN'T WORK.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online