1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

connecting via wireless router

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by polbas, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polbas

polbas Thread Starter

A tricky one for you tech guys...My main comp has windowsxp...with a wireless router..I bought a used laptop and not realising it wasnt wireless compatible I then bought a wireless dongle...the laptop has windows professional 2000 on it....I can find my network connection via the wireless dongle and it says connected..yet when I try to open i'net it says I am not connected...I have been told I have to create a new connection in i'net connections..but I hav no idea how to do this...I hav tried it but windows pro connection wizard does not give me an option to create a wireless connection...I am so close completing to this it is driving me crazy...I am hoping someone out there can tell me how to set it all up.....many thanks for any help and a HUGE thank you to the person who helps me sort it......polbas:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!