1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting Win98 to W2k server

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SUPET6, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUPET6

SUPET6 Thread Starter

I am using a Linksys 4-port Gateway to connect a cable modem, a windows 2000 server, and two win98 machines. So far all the computer can access the Internet simultaneously, but I would like them to talk to each other as well. I'm confused about how to put a LAN with WAN on the Linksys Gateway. I noticed in the Linksys manual it mentioned something about NAT for two networks, but it doesn't elaborate on that. Any hint??

2. angel

angel

The router should have come with a default IP address. Probably 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. If you enter the correct IP address in your browser, you should reach the router's login page. You'll have the option to use DHCP so the clients get the IP address from the router. In fact, you may already have it setup like that or are they getting an IP from the 2000 server? What are the IP's of each computer?
    Assuming that's all setup properly, make sure all computers are in the same Workgroup. You can install Netbeui also to make things a little easier.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60527

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice