1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting wired xbox360's to our wireless router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Omega1986, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omega1986

Omega1986 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have two xbox 360's that I'm trying to connect to our TrendNet TEW-452BRP wireless router. When I have the two hooked up through ethernet cables, only one can connect to the internet. I've tried switching the cables to different ports on the router and switching the cables between the 360's, but only one (which can be a different one every single time) can ever get an internet connection through the router. How do I go about configuring my router to let both 360's access the 'net (wired) while not interfering with my wireless connection for our 2 PC's? I've tried calling TrendNet tech support, but they only ever have 1 guy working and it takes an hour to get on with him and then he doesn't even speak english very well. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tyler

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

On one of the attached computers, let's see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/623297

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice