1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting wireless printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Living, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Living

Living Thread Starter

First, I should say that, although I have been using computers for a number of years, I am finding that technological advances are taking plave faster than my brain can absord the changes! I therefore still call myself a beginner.
    My currect position is that I live in France and have a Dell computer running Windows XP, coupled with a Cannon printer and Epson scanner. The computer is wired directly to a Segam Livebox and my internet provider is Orange France. Earlier this year I purchased a Toshiba wireless laptop runnig Windows 7 for my wife and this is linked to the same livebox via a dongle. I have just bought her a Canon wireless printer/scanner and, having run the set-up disc, it searches for a source and finds the livebox. It then asks for the key number, which I put in. It then comes back stating that the key number does not match the livebox. I have double-checked that I have read the key number correctly and that the livebox sourced is the correct one. Where am I going wrong?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you may want to remove the wireless security on the Router and see if the printer connects OK

3. PedroHin

PedroHin

Do you have to select the encryption type? Make sure it is using the correct method to connect (WEP, WPA, WPA2).

Also, this is just a suggestion. Many people configure the wireless connectivity of a network printer, assuming that they have to go wireless in order to print from a wireless device, such as a laptop.

When possible, I will choose to use the wired network connection before I choose the wireless connection of a printer whenever possible. It does not lose any functionality -- even from a wireless connected laptop.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice