1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting wireless router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by fifelady, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fifelady

fifelady Thread Starter

I am a bit confused as at home i have a cable modem and have plugged a wireless router into it.
    I am about to buy a wireless router for my daughter who is at university. Currently in her room she has a wired adsl modem which she plugs her laptop into. All the wireless routers i see online for adsl state they are wireless modem routers. I am assuming the uni will require the use of the modem in the room so can she plug a modem router into the modem already there.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Better, IMO, to just get a broadband router and let her continue using the modem she has.

3. fifelady

fifelady Thread Starter

She needs the wirless, for her kindle fire. I think however i am probably just being stupid and all she needs to to is unplug the moden already there and use the wireless modem router instead.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1078844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice