1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting with WiFi and Hardwire

Discussion in 'Networking' started by FtWrth, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FtWrth

FtWrth Thread Starter

Hello y'all,
    I have the Linksys WRT54G, vers.6 encoded with the most recent firmware update by Linksys. Since that update, I have had some inconsistency keeping online with my all the computers in my home network. Is this caused by my habit of having hardwired desktops (2 of them) on all the time while simultaneously using my WiFi connection for my laptop? Should one or more items be shut down? The update was originally made as a result of my rather weak WiFi connection (it didn't help that).
    Thank you.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You should be able to freely use the wired and wireless connections on a wireless broadband router. If that causes problems, something is broken. :)

With the firmware update, did you reset to factory defaults and reconfigure? If not, try that first.

If you did reset to defaults and reconfigure, contact Linksys and find the download for the older firmware and see if that fixes the issue. Obviously, you should reset to defaults and reconfigure for any firmware change.

3. FtWrth

FtWrth Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I contacted Linksys and found out that the tech who helped me before had not made all of the required adjustments necessary to make the system work under the new firmware. After getting the "rest of the updated adjustments," the system seems to be working fine. Thanks again for your always great help.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Glad you got it working.

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/628146

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice