1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connecting with Wireless Internt not working

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by incrediblej, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incrediblej

incrediblej Thread Starter

Hello everyone,
    okay i got an ACER TravelMate 4235WLMi laptop with Vista Business (worst mistake), and It will not connect to my net connection which is ADSL. I am trying to use wireless and when i try to conenct (the connection is on the list of networks with 99%) it says... obtaning IP...... (then searches).... cannot connect to WLAN.

also when i look at the list of available networks i can connect to wireless, my conenction says (connection has limited acess) - i think this is due to my using my monthly download limit of 25gb, so when this happens it slows down to 64kps. But i dont think this is the reason, as it has never connected, even when i do have full speed access.

I am using my HP laptop right now with XP Home installed, and it is using wireless on the same connection no problems, and also works when i connect directly to the modem/router with cable. Okay, the internet has worked a few times on my Vista but only when i connect the cable directly from the modem.. but at this moment the cable is plugged in, and the computer says LAN disconnected, but it is connected, so i try to reintall the modem with the DLINK DVD is came with, and it says cannot find modem, turn power off, and make sure cable is connected (which i do).

okay, i dont really care about the problem with it not connecting when the cable is in (LAN), although i would like it fixed one day, i am mainly just wanting the wireless connection to actually work.

I have read so many stories on the net about people having the exact problem - it works fine on their XP but not Vista, and i have followed all the instructions on the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0406.mspx

but does not work, i have been playing around for about 4 weeks now, and trying everything possible. I can connect to any connection on my XP with no problem, i am not inexperienced, i am just inexperienced with Vista and its failures that make no sense.

As i said it is a ACER computer with Acer eNet Management software installed. I can also manually try and set up this wireless connection but also fails.

anyone know what i can do to solve this pleeeasse?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice