1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connection keeps dropping. Seems to be pc issue.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Darkchisl, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darkchisl

Darkchisl Thread Starter

I have been having issues with my connection just cutting off. happens during gaming and i loose connection tio the server and when just browsing the net.
    Connection icon shows total disconnection then comes back on after a few seconds.

It is not the windows 10 power saving as i have shut that down.
    Isp has run checks and its not them or router.

My only guess is it could be my network card or some other issue.
    Not noticing any issues with other devices on my home network either so seems isolated to my pc.

Can someone help me to diagnose what could be causing the issue.
    I have tried looking for diagnostic software but struggling to find anything suitable.

2. naresh498

naresh498

First Name:
    Naresh kandra
    Do you have any problem with connection drop when you have the ethernet connected to a different computer? are there any latest drivers for the desktop lan card?

3. Darkchisl

Darkchisl Thread Starter

I already checked the drivers.
    However I have noticed that there are 2 other devices that were hidden devices, please see pic.

Do I need these? or are they safe to remove?
    wan.PNG

4. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Those are standard drivers and probably not related to this issue. Does the network icon show that the cable is disconnected when this happens? I'd try to swap out the cable and use a different port on the router to rule them out. That seems more likely to me than a software/driver issue.

5. Darkchisl

Darkchisl Thread Starter

It does show the cable disconnect icon. Tried new port and new cables from router to pc and router to socket also....same issue

6. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    My money would be on bad NIC in that case. Any chance you or someone you know has a spare one lying around for testing? Fortunately, they're pretty cheap these days even if you have to buy one.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212501

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice