Connection not private

americamba

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210329154054.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Hard Drives: C: 118 GB (45 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO 4243Z6N, ver Not Available, s/n 1ZK6024455H
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1360, s/n R9ND0ZR
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

what's up? I get this (below) when I follow a link,,, thanks

Your connection isn't private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from url6762.oneforma.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Something is wrong with the site's security certificate. Which gives you the padlock on the address bar.

Couriant

James
Also, check your computer date/time and make sure that is correct. It could be a simple as that.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
americamba:

Just in case you need it, THIS is the support site for your Lenovo ThinkPad T520 Type Type Model 4243Z6N laptop which was originally purchased in April 2012 and came with Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.

Besides it being upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, it looks like another 4 GB of RAM has been added and its original 320 GB HDD has been upgraded to a 128 GB SSD.(y)

Does it still have its original Intel WiFi Link 1000 802.11bgn wireless card, or has it been upgraded to a faster 802.11ac model?

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

americamba

I just bought it refurbished with all the changes you mention. I don't know about the wifi card but it works fine so maybe they upgraded it.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Go into the Device Manager, then expand the Network Adapters heading.
What is the exact name of the wireless device listed there?

americamba

I checked. Two lines were listed:
Intel 82579M Gigabit Network connection and
Intel Centrino Wireless -N 1000

Thanks,

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 has the slower 802.11n single band technology instead of the faster 802.11ac dual band technology.

If you use your laptop mostly with a wireless connection, you might consider upgrading its wireless card.

The Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 is what worked for me. (y)

americamba

Thanks for the tip. Is the installation difficult? years ago, I added RAM to a PC but I don't know if things have gotten more complicated.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Every laptop brand and model is difference, so I don't know how easy or difficult it is to replace the wireless card in yours.

If you do a Google search for Lenovo ThinkPad T520, there may be an on-line manual or video that shows you how to do it.

------------------------------------------------

americamba

Every laptop brand and model is difference, so I don't know how easy or difficult it is to replace the wireless card in yours.

If you do a Google search for Lenovo ThinkPad T520, there may be an on-line manual or video that shows you how to do it.

------------------------------------------------
I'll pass on that for a while... Meanwhile,

I still have my main problem
Also, check your computer date/time and make sure that is correct. It could be a simple as that.
I'm stuck. i am a translator. I get offers for work but then can't move ahead on a job. .. any other ide

americamba

It's not the date/time

Meanwhile,
I'm stuck. i am a translator. I get offers for work but then can't move ahead on a job. .. any other idea?

americamba

Something is wrong with the site's security certificate. Which gives you the padlock on the address bar.
How do I fix this? I went into specs and didn't see any locks. Maybe I was in the wrong place...

Meanwhile,
I'm stuck. i am a translator. I get offers for work but then can't move ahead on a job. .. any other ide

americamba

Does this help? It is the popup I get after clicking on "advanced" at the bottom of the error message.

Your connection isn't private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from url6762.oneforma.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
RefreshHide advanced
url6762.oneforma.com uses encryption to protect your information. When Microsoft Edge tried to connect to url6762.oneforma.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be url6762.oneforma.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Microsoft Edge stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.
You can't visit url6762.oneforma.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

HOBOcs

Jim
Just putting in my two cents - I just came across this same issue this week with one of my business customers - turns out it was related to their Cisco router RV130 - built in certificate had expired. A couple of setting tweaks and it appears to be resolved. Not sure if you issue is related to the router. This caused a number of websites not to connect.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts