Connection not private

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

americamba

That Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 has the slower 802.11n single band technology instead of the faster 802.11ac dual band technology.

If you use your laptop mostly with a wireless connection, you might consider upgrading its wireless card.

The Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 is what worked for me. (y)

-------------------------------------------------
I'm still stuck. Wireless is OK for any other many uses. What happens is that I try to change my password. I get a nice response telling me
Just putting in my two cents - I just came across this same issue this week with one of my business customers - turns out it was related to their Cisco router RV130 - built in certificate had expired. A couple of setting tweaks and it appears to be resolved. Not sure if you issue is related to the router. This caused a number of websites not to connect.
I'm still stuck. I thank it may be the router. How do I find out about the certificate and how do I get to the settings to tweak it? thanks

americamba

No. The router provides internet connection with ethernet cable and/or wifi to devices (after Modem brings Internet to the house.). If you believe the router is too old or giving you trouble, just replace it. If a particular computer is struggling to get good wifi connection to a router and you decide to change internal wifi card usb wifi adapter is an option. Adapter won't affect the router's ability to send wifi signals to other devices at all.
Obviously, you need to determine what needs to be replaced.
Have you tried other browsers to see if you get the same warning?
My suggestion for an external card was to get a faster connection. Your laptop is 9 years old.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online