1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connection not working agh!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Obinice, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obinice

Obinice Thread Starter

Ok well I got a router today, got the cables etc and the guys at the shop told me it would be easy. Connected the rotuer to the cable modem, the router to the PC, I put the CD in to install the router, but it says it cant find a router! I assure u it is connected, but it wnt find it. I'm talking to u now through a USB connection to my cable modem, and even that was difficult to get working but thats not the problem.

My problem is I need to connect this PC and another to the router, then to the cable modem, and out to the internet. But the PC cant see the rotuer, whyyyy. please help. :confused:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'd start by checking the connections, and try a new cable if you have one. Do you have link lights on both ends?

I assume you are connecting the cable modem to the WAN port, and your PC to one of the LAN ports, right?

3. Obinice

Obinice Thread Starter

Yeah, and hey after a phone call to a compy shop I know they helped me out :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice