1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

connection of olympus camera to usb port

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ben67, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ben67

ben67 Thread Starter

I used the AVG free 2011 tune up program on my PC as my windows xp system was running very slowly. Performance of the PC has improved greatly but I find that I cannot now connect my m1040 olympus camera to the usb port. It is saying unrecognisable device.

Note that I am still able to connect a stick to the usb port and I can also connect my Canon camera and everything works OK.

I can also connect the Olympus camera to the USB port on my Apple computer so the camera must be working.

I do not use Olympus software in the PC but I have always in the past connected the Olympus camera to the USB port, and my computer picked it up as another disk drive.

The problem seems to have arisen after the tune up took place. Any idea what caused the problem and how get my Olympus camera to be recognised.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    That's one reason why you should avoid registry cleaner/booster/optimizer/tuneup type programs like the plague. Besides the fact that they do little-to-nothing to improve speed and performance, they tend to break programs and damage the operating system.

When AVG 2011(10.0) was released to replace AVG 9 and decided to add a tuneup feature(which includes a registry cleaner), I stopped using it.

I suggest that you use System Restore to revert your computer back to a date and time prior to when you used it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. ben67

ben67 Thread Starter

I take your point, but there has been an improvement to the speed of my system nevertheless.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I don't know the specs of your computer, but having plenty of RAM, keeping the startup load to a minimum, and keeping the buildup of temp files and malware/spyware cleaned out are among the best ways to improve speed and performance.

Do you have a support site for that Olympus camera that you can browse through and try to find a solution?

Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!