1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connection problem between internet, router, ps2?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Pentheon, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pentheon

Pentheon Thread Starter

Wasn't sure if I should put this here, newtorking or in the games section seeing im having problems with all 3....I think.

There was a power outage about a week ago that lasted 8 hours and when everything was fixed, I had a problem with my modem, changed all my splitters and it finally worked, still couldn't get on the internet, finally fixed that 3 days ago and now the only thing im having problems with is going online with the ps2...

Im using a dlink DI 604 router and ive tried unplugging the router, the cable moden, the ps2 wires, all the wires to router and modem, tried switching my network adapter settings, deleted and re adding them... Do I need to reopen ports? I was gonna try to open ports but I can't even get the router configuration to go through, I type in the 192.168.0.1 address they gave me but a yahoo search comes up with a bunch of different addresses, obviously its not working like it should, javascript was disabled for some reason, enabled it but it still won't work...

I have no idea what else to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

^ i posted that on a different forum, I finally got into the router config but seemed like nothing was different..

I was finally able to connect to the playstation online but for some reason I can't connect with the internet on the computer at the same time and when Im doing one at a time it doesnt always work if I were to just unplug one and plug the other back in like I used too, now I have to restart everything for it to work..

I don't understand it, ever since that power outtage Ive had nothing but problems

maybe I have a virus? Would that have anything to do with me not being able to go online with ps2 and the internet on the pc at the same time?

I do have a virus, Ive found that out and norton wouldnt delete it, could this be causing all of this to happen? I cant seem to connect online with the pc and the ps2 at the same time..

I get lucky when I can get 1 or the other to connect through the modem..

im on windows xp by the way...

thanks.

2. dtiticus

dtiticus

im having trouble connecting online through my ps2 with my new arris tm402p modem with comcast. it has an 8 hour battery life and ive tried power cycling but when i try to create a network profile and test the connection on the ps2 it says connection timed out. can anyone help me?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485393

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice