1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Connection Problem to many PC Game Clients

Discussion in 'Games' started by Skal, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Skal

Skal Thread Starter

Alright so I have a 2Wire 1701 HG wireless router and then have a Wireless-G USB Adapter (model # WUSB54GR) and I'm trying to connect to the Steam, EVE, and WoW clients and they keep telling me the server can not be reached. I've tried port forwarding, I've even switched it to DMZ+ mode. From there I've also (against my better judgment) turned off my ZoneAlarm and allowed all traffic in and out.
    I'm desperate for some help, any ideas?

Skal

P.S. If this thread needs to be moved to a more specific area then my apologies, this problem just only seems to be happening for video game clients.

*update*
    I've run AdAware, LSPFix and have shut down all other programs that actively use the internet (such as Trillian). Still doesn't work.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Sometimes turning off ZA does not work. (still blocks whatever you have listed)

Try this, make a rule in ZA to allow everything in from all ip addresses.

The problem is a firewall issue, it will depend which one. If you are on Windows XP or Vista, make sure those are turned off.

3. Skal

Skal Thread Starter

XP and the firewall is turned off, when I get back from work I'll see what I can do about ZA and I'll update.

4. Skal

Skal Thread Starter

Turned ZA completely off, all the protection turned to off, program control, everything. Still doesn't work.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Is the router nearby?

6. Skal

Skal Thread Starter

I've gone ahead and reformatted my hard drive (it seems to get easier every time) and the problem is no longer an issue. So for those curious I'm pretty sure it wasn't my router but some software that was blocking my access. What it could have been I have no idea.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    More than likely ZA somehow... ;) :D

Well good luck with your clean OS

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice